Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Shark Steam mops & Vacuums

Well I'm a little torn on this brand. I've had one of the Shark steam mops w/ vacuum for over a year. The problem is it stopped working after 9 months. So yes that means I still have it, but hey at least the vacuum still works. I'm not sure why, but one day it just stopped putting out steam. And honestly I wasn't really thrilled with it even when it did work. I wouldn't waste my money on buying another one, mainly because it doesn't work well on tile floor since it doesn't clean grout at all. If anything it seems like it actually pushes the dirt into it. Even on other surfaces I would have to go over it multiple times before it looked clean.

Now on the other hand I've had the Shark Navigator Lift-Away for over 6 months, and I LOVE it! The only thing is it's not as lightweight as they make it look on the commercials (like the woman who carries the detached canister with one finger while cleaning the stairs). But don't get me wrong, it's not a big deal, just not as easy as they make it seem. The good things about this vacuum definitely outweigh the bad. Like the suction on this thing is great. Even after 6 months of the constant abuse like hair from 7 girls, fur from 3 dogs and 2 cats, and it's still going strong. Plus if it does get clogged (like ours has since no one in the house except apparently me knows that the vacuum CAN be emptied out) it's really easy to take apart and put back together. Overall I would definitely recommend this vacuum, if it can handle our house it can take ANYTHING :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment