Sunday, January 22, 2012

Xbox w/ Kinect vs Nintendo Wii

About a month ago our family had to decide between buying another Nintendo Wii or a Xbox w/ Kinect. After finding a good deal in a after Christmas sale, we decided to give the Xbox a try. I have to say it has it's pros and cons, but I think the good outweigh the bad. The main benefit to Xbox's Kinect is NO controllers!!! You don't have to worry about charging, dropping or losing them. And my kids really like being able to use their hands as the controller. The only 2 cons, so far, are if you set it up in a room with alot a traffic the game has a hard time picking up the movements of the people that are playing. And if you set up individual accounts for each person in your household it has problems recognizing who is who. The only other downfall is the small selection of games (but my kids are obsessed with the Dance Now games so that's not really a problem). All I know is I'll never have to hear, "MOOOOMMMMM I can't find the controller or my controller isn't working waaaaaa!!!!).... so I'm happy :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment